Tuesday 6 August 2013

What Happened to Monday?

Last night, I sat down before bed, wrote a fairly long blog post, added a photo and...it's not here. The only thing I can think of is I shut down before it fully posted...bummer...

Lately I'm in that place where I remember that once upon a time, I was on track to my own self awareness. Not in a hokey, new agey way. I think the path to self awareness is different for everyone who seek to find deeper meaning to his or her existence.  I'm missing that part of "me" that I used to be very in touch with...

"Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." ~ C.G Jung

**************************

I don't have much to say today, aren't you lucky. I'm just in a bit of a mellow mood. I wish I had a car, I'd go sit in Pennan, with a book and my dog and drift away. Which brings me to this photo. I took it last week. When my husband and I go to Pennan, it usually works out that he sits on a bench while I wander with my camera. Nobody gets why I do this, people stare at the randomness of some of my photos. But every picture I take, is one influenced by my emotions. I look at something, it makes me feel a certain way, I photograph it and then, looking at the finished product, I smile. I can relive the emotional attachment as often as I like. 

"I have been and still am a seeker, but I have ceased to question stars and books; I have begun to listen to the teaching my blood whispers to me." ~ Herman Hesse, Demian

(Ahhhh....Mr. Hesse, you are ever so wise.)

************************

Apologies for my randomness today...I can't seem to organize my thoughts...too much on my mind...too much.

This photo was taken, in Pennan of course, while I watched this fishing boat coming around the bluff. Pennan is too small for a fishing boat this size so he was likely on his way down a few miles to Fraserburgh. When I took this photo, the only thing that came to mind was Van Morrison's "Into the Mystic".  I instantly knew how I'd edit it too. Have you done that? Taken a photo perfectly lovely on its own, and knew you'd change it to something else. Photographic mood ring. I should call this edit the "Cari is being sentimental" edit. ;) Back home in L.A., when the stress of everything got to me, I would put Van Morrison on and just escape the anxiousness of the moment. Pennan and Van Morrison are perfectly matched. I might be homesick, but I am so lucky to live here. All I need...is that car my husband promised me.

Oh, I've added the link to Into the Mystic for you, you're most welcome.





No comments:

Post a Comment